“Every man dies- Not every man really lives”
Not too long ago, I watched an Instagram user share 40 facts about herself, for the 40 days leading up to her 40th birthday. I thought it was such a neat idea, but I wanted to do a bit more. Instead of coming up with 40 facts about myself, I decided to create a bucket list. There are so many things, big and small, that I want to do and experience in this life that I figured I better write them down. Some items have already been completed and some I need to dedicate a lot more of myself in order to see them come to pass. Here’s my list; I’ll begin with the ones I’ve already completed.
1. Own ‘Chucks’
my brother-in-law and his wife knew about this one and bought a pair as my Christmas (2014) gift!
2. Visit New England
My husband and I visited Chatem, MA for our 10th anniversary in June.
3. Own a Michael Korrs Purse
(see above picture, I’m carrying my new bag!)
4. Get a Tattoo
July 2, 2015 I walked into the tattoo parlor and got a semicolon tattoo on my left wrist. This will serve as a reminder of where I’ve come from and where I never want to go again. You can find out more about the symbolism of a semicolon <HERE>
5. Wear Thigh-Hi Stockings
(While shopping with a girlfriend, I saw a pair on clearance and snatched them up! How feminine and yet sadly, stockings seem to be such a long lost fashion trend.)
Now, for the items that have not been completed yet. I’m optimistic about most but must admit, it seems like it would be wiser to change some of these to more obtainable goals. I’m not going to change the list, yet.
6. Visit Italy
7. Meet Josh Groban
8. Meet Shane & Shane
9. See Josh Groban in Concert
10. Play the Lottery
11. Host Thanksgiving at My House
12. Ride Airboard Across Florida Swamp
13. Enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.
14. Reach Goal Weight
15. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
16. Watch the Sunrise on the Beach
17. Plant a Tree
18. Get a Make Over (new hair style/color, new outfits, new make up)
19. Tour a Vineyard
20. Take Dance Lessons
21. Swim with Dolphins
22. Fly First Class
23. Shoot a Gun
24. Go to a Drive-In Movie Theater
25. Take a Dance Class with Alex
26. Ride a motorcycle
27. Celebrate New Years Eve in Times Square
28. Name a Star
29. See a Broadway Show
30. Sing Karaoke
31. See horses ‘released’ from Assateague Island
32. Attend the Kentucky Derby
33. Feed a Penguin
34. Shadow a Mortician at a Funeral Home
35. Tour the White House
36. Read Through the Bible
37. Recreate Prom for Alex and Me
38. Gamble in a Casino
39. Take an Art Class
40. Go Parasailing
So, you can see I have my work cut out for me. But I’m on my way having already completed five of my items. My birthday is in January, I’ll be turning 35. Although I have some time, I’m sure it will race by and I’ll be approaching my 40th birthday before I know it!